Westwear Industries Inc
Terms and Conditions/Legal Statement/Return Policy
This page is published as legal protection for the Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) and associated websites. These Terms and Conditions, the use of this website and any order or purchase made through the facilities of this website shall be governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia, Canada and the laws of Canada applicable therein. The user is also responsible for complying with these laws. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply.
Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) is not responsible for typographical errors or changes in specifications by the manufacturers. We strive to keep the information as current as possible but are not always able to.
All images and text are the property of Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) and may not be copied or used without the written permission of Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com). All prices and descriptions are subject the change without notice. Customers are responsible for compliance with their governmental regulations.
If you experience any difficulties while using this page, please contact: email@example.com. We reserve the right to refuse service at our own discretion.
International orders are shipped at the customer's risk. By placing an international order, the customer asserts the purchase is a legal and correct item to import into destination country, and further, the customer assumes all legal risk and legal obligation and all costs connected to this purchase and its import, which also includes any and all actions en route to the destination country, while in the destination country and thereafter.
Release, Assumption of Risk, and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement:
Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) does not warrant that a person or company may legally sell, purchase, possess, or carry any and all items offered according to Canadian (Federal and Provincial and Local)
and USA (State and Federal and Local) and international laws. These items include, but are not limited to pocket knives, switchblades, knuckle knives, items having concealed blades, and double edged blades. We feel it is extremely important to comply with guidelines established by the law. By purchasing any item from Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com), the buyer warrants that he is in compliance with all Canadian (Federal and Provincial and Local)
and USA (State and Federal and Local) and international laws and is legally able to purchase these items.
Working with knives and near sharp edges can be dangerous, care and the appropriate safety equipment should be used at all times; seek qualified training for safe use.
Striking tools such as axes can be dangerous and care should be taken at all times; seek qualified training for safe use, wear appropriate safety equipment, including eye protection while using all tools. Keep your tools in well maintained and inspected order, folding knives should be inspected regularly, pivot tension should be maintained to prevent folding knives from opening centrifugally. Get to know your Federal, Provincial, State and Local laws. Do not let minors use these tools. You must state your true age and knives will not be sold to minors.
**ALL PRICES AND SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.**
About The Site:
Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) maintains this site (the "Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for noncommercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without the written permission of Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com).
The various company logos are registered trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. All prices and configurations are subject to change without notice or obligation. Prices do not include shipping and handling and applicable sales taxes. Shipping and handling charges may vary. All prices in CAD. dollars. Some products and services many not be available for all international locations.
Your access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement does not apply.
Terms and Conditions:
- By purchasing from this website (or by mail, in person, telephone, fax or through the internet) and/or Westwear Industries Inc (owners of www.bushcraftcanada.com), you expressly agree to assume all risk regarding the use, ownership and handling of the purchases. Likewise, you expressly agree to indemnify and hold Westwear Industries Inc (owners of Bushcraftcanada.com) harmless from any and all liability and claims arising out of your direct or indirect use and possession of the purchase(s).
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the prior written permission of Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com). We neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com).
- While Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site.
- This web site is intended for adult users only, and children under the age of 18 are not eligible to participate in the commercial features of this web site.
- You use and browsing of the Site is at your risk. Neither Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, all information on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Because our web site is provided to you "As Is," you agree that Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) shall not be liable to you or any third party for any delay in delivery of, or failure to deliver any of your communications or other information you submit using our web site. Because our web site is provided to you "AS AVAILABLE," you agree that Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of our web site or your ability to access it. Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com). The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Unless otherwise noted or agreed in writing, any items that you purchase through the Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) Web Site are warranted by the manufacturers and not by Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com).
- Though Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information contained within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) may also, in its sole discretion and at anytime, discontinue the Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) web site, or any part there of, with or without notice. You agree that you do not have any rights in our web site and that Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) will have no liability to you if this web site is discontinued or your ability to access our web site is terminated.
- Westwear Industries Inc (owner of BushcraftCanada.com) may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
- Where applicable, customers are responsible for Provincial sales tax.
- International orders cannot be returned due to high costs.
- Wood Scales. Wood is beautiful, natural, great to work with, great to use
as a material for knife and tool handles. It's my personal choice....but it can move on you!
Wood 'breathes', it absorbs and expels moisture. The volume and speed of this 'breathing' can lead to cracks, splits and contractions in the wood; particularly around the edges and against the
pins and bolsters. There is no way to prevent this, even if the wood is stabilized!
You can mitigate splitting and cracking by avoiding damp/high humidity conditions, drying the wood slowly and not
exposing the wood to direct heat. Buying wood handles is always a risk and most makers will not warranty splits and cracks or shrinkage. If you don't want the risk, we recommend that you buy knives with manmade materials
like Micarta or G10. As for me, I mainly use wood. I look after it, enjoy it and accept the risk.
- Mosaic Pins. While we try and represent Mosaic Pins as best we can in our product pictures, Barkriver Knives supply and fit a large range of patterns. We cannot guarantee that the Mosaic Pin's pattern on your knife will be the same as that of the product image(s).
- Whereas we do our best to advertise correct item colours, maker's changes, colour renditions and descriptions can change and vary and we do not guarantee the colours of items will be exactly as described either by us or by the maker's descriptions. Colour and shade variation and colour substitution are not considered warranty issues.